Our “Bootcamp” Workshop is a one-day interactive learning event that outlines the steps involved in setting up practice in Newfoundland and Labrador in a setting that enables you to network with peers and local resources.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the type of practice you intend to provide.
- Outline the pros and cons of various types of medical practice business structures.
- List the license and membership requirements for practicing medicine in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL)
- Discuss some of the considerations for choosing an appropriate practice location/space
- Describe the financing options available to secure office space and equipment
- Identify and recruit staff needed for your practice
- Terminate an employee, if necessary
- List the typical technology systems used in medical practice in NL.
- List some of the threats to IT systems and data and discuss potential strategies to help mitigate these risks.
- Outline the key business management systems required for a successful practice.
The scientific planning committee for this program:
- Sinead Mercier MD CCFP
- Annabeth Loveys MD CCFP
- Marcus Byrne MD CCFP
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Office of Professional & Educational Development, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University for up to 3.5 Mainpro+® credits.