Setting Up Office Space
Selecting your physical office space is one of the most important elements of setting up a new practice. Where should you locate your clinic? How should you design the interior space? What supplies do you need? This module will explore some of the key considerations impacting these decisions.
After completing this online learning module, you will be able to:
- Discuss some of the considerations for choosing an appropriate practice location/space.
- Identify supplies and equipment needed for a new primary care practice.
- Describe the financing options available to secure office space and equipment.
- Identify some of the known risks that could affect your practice.
This continuing professional development (CPD) program has been designed to consider
the CanMEDS Family Medicine 2017 Physician Competency Framework, including the roles of:
- Manages career planning, finances, and health human resources in a practice
- 4.1 Establishes and balances appropriate personal and professional goals, and reassesses as needed
- 4.2 Plans and manages a professional practice in an efficient and ethical manner
- 4.3 Implements processes to enhance personal, career, and practice improvement
- Demonstrates a commitment to society by recognizing and responding to societal needs in health care
- 2.1 Demonstrates accountability to patients and society
- 2.2 Demonstrates a commitment to quality care and continuous quality improvement
This Self-Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Office of Professional and Educational Development, Memorial University for up to 1.5 Mainpro+ credits.
You must be logged in to register for this program