As a family medicine professional in NL, you will be required to obtain and maintain licenses and memberships with a number of organizations governing the practice of medicine in the province. This module will highlight these organizations and discuss the process of obtaining the necessary credentials.
After completing this online learning module, you will be able to:
- List the license and membership requirements for practicing medicine in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL).
- Summarize the requirements for obtaining a medical license in NL.
- Outline the process for applying for required memberships.
- Recognize the time required to complete the necessary licensure and membership steps.
- Describe the process for obtaining hospital privileges in NL.
This continuing professional development (CPD) program has been designed to consider
the CanMEDS Family Medicine 2017 Physician Competency Framework, including the roles of:
- Manages career planning, finances, and health human resources in a practice
- 4.1 Establishes and balances appropriate personal and professional goals, and reassesses as needed
- 4.2 Plans and manages a professional practice in an efficient and ethical manner
- 4.3 Implements processes to enhance personal, career, and practice improvement
- Demonstrates a commitment to society by recognizing and responding to societal needs in health care
- 2.1 Demonstrates accountability to patients and society
- 2.2 Demonstrates a commitment to quality care and continuous quality improvement
This Self-Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Office of Professional and Educational Development, Memorial University for up to 1 Mainpro+ credits.
You must be logged in to register for this program