Managing Your Practice
To build a successful and sustainable family medicine practice, you need to think about your practice as a business. This module explores some of the processes for managing your practice’s revenues and expenses.
After completing this online learning module, you will be able to:
- Outline the key business management systems required for a successful practice.
- Describe how to set up a billing system to book revenue for your practice.
- Discuss why an accounting/bookkeeping system is critical to your practice.
- Summarize three to five strategies for developing an efficient appointment scheduling process.
- Outline some of the important policies to help manage your practice.
This continuing professional development (CPD) program has been designed to consider
the CanMEDS Family Medicine 2017 Physician Competency Framework, including the roles of:
- Manages career planning, finances, and health human resources in a practice
- 4.1 Establishes and balances appropriate personal and professional goals, and reassesses as needed
- 4.2 Plans and manages a professional practice in an efficient and ethical manner
- 4.3 Implements processes to enhance personal, career, and practice improvement
- Demonstrates a commitment to society by recognizing and responding to societal needs in health care
- 2.1 Demonstrates accountability to patients and society
- 2.2 Demonstrates a commitment to quality care and continuous quality improvement
This Self-Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Office of Professional and Educational Development, Memorial University for up to 1.5 Mainpro+ credits.
You must be logged in to register for this program